TransLink's webpage for sector 2 improvements:
- Peak improvements on Ferny Grove Line (every 7-8 mins), Shorncliffe Line (every 15 mins), Doomben Line (every 30 mins), and Gold Coast Line (additional trains added in some 15 mins gaps).
- 15 minute off-peak from approx. 6am to 8pm out to Ferny Grove, Coopers Plains, Northgate, and Cannon Hill.
- Removal of late night and Sunday am hour gaps (now every 30 mins).
- Expansion of 15 minute "shoulder-peak" services to Airport.
- Airport trains to serve all stations between Bowen Hills and Eagle Junction - big surprise!
- 30 mins weekday daytime off-peak to Doomben, with later operating hours.
- Improvements to counter-peak services where possible.
- All Gold Coast services to serve Beenleigh, Loganlea, Altandi (instead of Coopers Plains for better bus connections), and Park Road (for UQ).
- More sensible express pattern on Cleveland Line (Manly to Morningside).
- No 15 minute frequency on weekends. (Note: Melbourne now has 10 mins frequency on weekends!).
- 15 minutes off-peak services expected to Manly didn't occur.
- Doomben Line hourly on Saturdays (even for races traffic), and still extinct on Sundays.
- Debatably worse peak service for some Beenleigh Line commuters. However, some may be able to use Gold Coast express services for part of the trip to decrease journey time.